Many Players are not able to patch Warcraft 3 or got other errors due to the Warcraft 3 registry.
This is a guide how you can fix it!
How to fix the Warcraft 3 registry error?A lot of players are not able to patch Warcraft 3 and The Frozen Throne.
It says there is a registry error loading the key.
This can happen if something got wrong during the main installation or because you do not have a legal/original copy of Warcraft 3.
Making a registry entry in the Windows Registry Editor can solve the problem!
Follow the steps and patch again afterwards!
Step by Step Guide for the Warcraft 3 Registry
- Open the Regedit by Going to Start>Run and enter “regedit”
- Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\
- Create a new key and name it ‘Warcraft III’
- In the right window you can see your created key. Right click it and press ‘create new string value’ and name the value ‘InstallPath’
- The Installpath value must be your Warcraft 3 folder (e.g. ‘c:\games\warcraft 3\’)
Now you can install the patch again and there will be no more Warcraft 3 registry error!
Do you need Warcraft 3 Tools? We have a lot!