It has finally happened, after the delay of the official release, Blizzard decided to push things forward and publish the Warcraft 3 Reforged Beta as the official version. Warcraft 3 and Reforged are inside the same game client now.
The hype is real, Warcraft 3 friends! It has started… 😀
Warcraft 3 Reforged has been officially released in January 2020:
The world has changed for all of us in january 2020. Blizzard has officially published the new Warcraft 3 Reforged client and merged Warcraft 3 and Reforged together to one game.
- In 2002 Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos has been published,
- In 2003 Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne has been published.
- In 2020 Warcraftg 3 Reforged has been published.
We all have been waiting so long for this. We love Warcraft 3 and we love the fact that Blizzard is remastering the game completely…
Unfortunately the outcome of the official merge of both clients killed a lot of fundamental features:
Warcraft 3 was a perfectly balanced game with a ladder system, automatic tournaments and a chat interface with clans that we all loved. It’s gone for now.
While the entire WC3 world is crying about this, it’s time to face the facts and to hope for the best possible outcome of a new Warcraft 3 in the near future. This is just the first official patch, let’s be ready for the full story that needs to be written… Warcraft 3 is alive!
How to install Warcraft 3 Reforged Patch 1.32.01?
If you have the old Warcraft 3 version and want to play it, the launcher will present you the new update. You have no other choice than accepting it and the installation transfer from WC3 to WC3 Reforged will start:
Warcraft 3 Reforged is now in the Blizzard Client:
If you have finished the installation, Warcraft 3 will be now forever in the Blizzard client.
For all who don’t have the Warcraft 3 client anymore and want to install the game (or you are a completely new user), then you need to launch the Blizzard Client, search for “Warcraft 3” and install the game! It will take a while and got much bigger over time. Once it’s done you can hit the Play now button:
What happens if I don’t have Reforged and only Warcraft 3?
For all who only have Warcraft 3 ROC/TFT, the game will automatically update to Warcraft 3 Reforged.
The only difference is that you can only play Reforged with the old graphics, but it will be the same client. With the old graphics you can not profit from the new skins for heroes.
For the most who bought Warcraft 3 a long time ago, it’s a horrible scenario, the reliable good old working client is dead.
Because of this a lot of users try to get a workaround to use the old Warcraft 3 client somehow. Find my tutorial for a current working solution for the classic WC3 client.
Warcraft 3 Reforged Release Patch 1.32.01 Changelog:
What has changed in the new Patch called Warcraft 3 1.32.01?
Warcraft 3 Reforged Patch Progress:
- Install, update, and launch Warcraft III from the Blizzard Battle .net app.
- Includes integrated Groups and Chat.
- Restored three prologue missions from the original Warcraft III Demo: Riders on the Storm, The Fires Down Below, and Countdown to Extinction.
- Updated terrain, mission difficulty, and added auto-saves for all missions.
- Updated art and layout of major cities from three of Warcraft’s iconic cities: Dalaran, Silvermoon, and Stratholme.
- Updated all campaign characters and visual assets.
- Equip hero skins, choose your favorite portrait, and browse unlockable campaign and matchmaking rewards.
- Locale support added for Spanish (Latin America) and Portuguese (Brazil).
- Locale support updated for Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish (Spain).
Menus and Options:
- Added “Grid” or traditional hotkey layouts.
- New gameplay settings for unit health bars, team colors, hero status bars, and cooldown display.
- Classic Account linking to keep your historic wins.
- Legacy accounts will expire in 90 days, so link as soon as possible.
- Toggle between Classic and Reforged mode for graphics and campaign content.
Versus – Competitive Matchmaking:
- Queue for heads-up battle with the new matchmaking system for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, or 4-person “Free For All” melee.
- Create your group and join 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 together.
- We’ve posted our Known Issues List in the Warcraft III Bug Report forum. Please ensure your drivers are up to date before reporting”
What is missing in the WC3R Patch 1.32.01:
Warcraft 3 Reforged is missing a ton of features. An endless list of things that need to be done to even reach the balanced status of the old client. Below are the most critical things that are missing out yet.
Most important missing Features:
- The Battle.net needs the basics fast: A matchmaking system combined with stats tracking in their profiles. If there is no progress a user can make trough his skill, there is no reason to play competitive Warcraft 3.
- The Battle.net chat UI interface needs to be adjusted, also the clan feature is missing yet.
- The ingame textures and graphical details are essential to get this game from ugly to beautiful. 😉
- The World Editor needs some love, too many settings are broken or not intuitive. For Map creators, it is a desaster at the moment.
- Blizzard needs to communicate, the fans go overboard and panic on a maximum level. We need to win trust and hope.
Known Issues of the Reforged Patch 1.32.01:
Which Features will come in the next Warcraft 3 Reforged Patch Update?
Unfortunately, Blizzard made no statement yet which features will come in the next patch.
There are a lot of areas that need to be tackled: The campaign, the Battle.net, the menu and UI and also the game with its graphics and sounds itself.
Always checkout the the Warcraft 3 Reforged Patches archive for the new patches, it will be updated when the new patch comes out.
Yes, we are all sad that this is the poor result the Blizzard classic team was able to realize in 2 years. But let’s give Blizzard time to do things right, they have shown in the past that they were able to fix the most things.
Do you have trust? Or do you think the game is dead?
I will not abandon Warcraft 3, it has always been my favorite game, I need it… 😉