The new Warcraft 3 Patch 1.32.3 has been released in march 2020 and comes along with another set of basic fixes and game improvements. What’s in for you and what is new for the Reforged ranked and versus mode?
Warcraft 3 Reforged
Patch 1.32.3 Changelog:
Let’s start with the most important updates in this patch version 1.23.3 for Warcraft 3 Reforged. You can find a patch overview for Warcraft 3 here.
1. Reforged Patch 1.32.3 Versus Update:
- Mixed creep and item updates on versus maps.
- Fixed item tables for certain creeps on Timbermaw Hold and Market Square.
- Kobold Geomancers now drop a Level 1 Powerup on Market Square.
- Satyr camps guarding gold mines now drop a Level 3 Permanent and Level 2 Powerup on Timbermaw Hold.
- Dragon camps now also drop a Level 2 Powerup on Timbermaw Hold.
- The following maps have been reactivated on ladder: Ruins of Stratholme (3v3), Banewood Bog LV (4v4), and Fountain of Manipulation (FFA).
2. Reforged Patch 1.32.3 Gameplay Update:
- Fixed an issue that could cause bridges to desync when a client with Reforged graphics played with another on Classic graphics.
- WC3 Customkeys Update:
When using custom hotkeys, Warcraft III Reforged will now also check a user’s keyboard locale layout in-game, in addition to English.
This enables the usage of non-English characters in CustomKeys.txt. Get your Warcraft 3 Reforged Customkeys here.
- The selection volume for units affected by Cyclone and Tornado spells is now more accurate.
- Fixed a bug where debug text would appear when using certain abilities in some locales.
- Corrected the Necromancer Initiate tooltip to mention Raise Dead instead of Cripple.
- Doodads with invalid/not-found model path will be invisible in game now instead of shown as a green box.
- They are still shown as a green box in the editor.
3. Custom Games Changelog
- Smoothed the menu transition when exiting a custom lobby
- Fixed an issue that was causing item stacking to break certain custom games.
4. Reforged Patch 1.32.3 Campaign Update:
- Priests and Sorceresses no longer use their blood elf model during cutscenes in “March of the Scourge” in Reforged.
- Player heroes will always be selected when loading from sub-maps to the main map of “To Tame a Land” in Reforged.
- Fixed a bug that could block progress in Gazlowe’s quest in “To Tame a Land” where in certain situations the Sappers could not target the support columns.
- “A New Power in Lordaeron” no longer has city gates preventing the AI from attacking the player.
- Blood Elf Archers and Swordsmen command card icons in the Curse of the Blood Elves Campaign have been updated to have green eyes.
- Blood Elf Lieutenants in “The Dungeons of Dalaran” now use the correct command card icon.
5. User Interface
Fixed an issue on ultrawide screen displays that caused menus to be misaligned.
6. Graphics & Art Update:
- Improved performance when using terrain-deforming abilities in Reforged mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused flickering for some effects when viewed through fog of war in Reforged mode.
- Naga units now have footprints in Reforged mode.
- Random items placed using the unit palette will no longer be invisible in game.
- Fixed animation issues with the Naga Sea Witch’s Tornado spell.
- Magtheridon will now animate correctly when its movement speed is slowed.
- Death Knights have been scaled down to be the correct size in Reforged mode.
- Fixed an issue where buildings that were unsummoned mid-upgrade could sometimes visually persist in-game, in Reforged mode.
- Guard Dog critters will no longer be invisible in Classic mode.
- Fixed a bug where if a Demon Hunter died in demon form, the revive icon would be the demon form icon.
- Added the autocast frame to the Firelord’s Incinerate ability.
- Selection circles for all the neutral ground units has been properly adjusted to fit around the unit.
- The Blademaster’s attack animations have been updated to have less horizontal movement in Reforged mode, making it more consistent to interact with.
7. Audio Update:
- Fixed an issue that was causing certain Reforged combat sounds to be used while in Classic mode.
- Fixed an issue where Meat Wagons sometimes did not properly play their death sounds in Reforged mode.
Fixed an issue that was causing item stacking to not trigger item-pickup events in scripting.
9. Non-Ladder Maps
Fixed an issue with some creeps that were causing them to be invisible on Jungle Fever and Rice Fields.
Warcraft 3 Patch 1.32.3 Opinion and Feedback:
Ladies and Gentlemen! Interesting times are coming! 😀 Blizzard is reacting to what is happening. The patch is clearly poor in total, but the classic games team knows it…
Statement from Blizzard for the WC3 Reforged Patch 1.32.3:
Here is the statement from Blizzard that came along with patch 1.32.3 in the blizzard forums.
“Zug Zug! Just a quick note to let everyone know that we have a dedicated team here focused on Warcraft III. Alongside our continued efforts to bring monthly patches with bug fixes and quality of life changes, the team is prioritizing delivering features like Ranked Ladders, Profiles, Clans, and Custom Campaigns. We’ll continue to share more details as those features are nearing release, but know we’re here and hard at work on the game”.
My Opinion and Feedback for WC3 Patch 1.32.3:
This statement points out, that they know that the Warcraft 3 world is burning.
It’s still burning.
How long will it burn? Will it burn down?
Will the remastering be completed in the next 12 months?
The classic team, that is taking care of the remastering of WC3 knows that they have to deliver. They are doing what they can and it’s something: At least we have a monthly patch of something new.
The downside is that it’s still about basement fixing and optimization, there are no real updates for the Battle.net system we are all waiting for… It still seems like they need a lot of time to build a fluent working matchmaking system for Warcraft 3 Reforged. Moreover, there are no updates for our profiles with stats. We still have to use the Reforged online statistics checker.
W3Champions is showing: A WC3 Reforged Ranked System is no Rocket-Science:
Do you know what’s poor about Blizzards delay and slowness?
There is already one guy who showed that it’s possible in a week to great a great ranked experience:
Pad from W3champions.com created a 1on1 ranked ladder for experienced Warcraft 3 Reforged players in a week or two. This is freaking awesome, it’s highly competitive and the best possible solution at the moment.
My feelings about that are ambivalent. On the one hand I love that Pad is doing that and I am an active supporter of his Patreon to improve any tools and ladders that make Warcraft 3 even more successful.
On the other hand, I do not want to see a trend of the players to dodge the battle.net. The ranked ladder inside WC3 Reforged has to grow with its features and patches, I hope that Blizzard will speed up their process and will allow a sufficient matchmaking experience soon…
Let’s give them more time to make the best game ever great again! 😀