After the release of Warcraft 3 Reforged, this is the first patch to improve the game and fix a lot of bugs. The Reforged Patch 1.32.1 has been released on February 6, 2020.
Warcraft 3 Reforged
Patch 1.32.1 Changelog:
What’s new in Warcraft 3 Patch 1.32.1? Here are all changes:
Reforged Interface Update:
- Whispers now include the name of the sender.
- Locale settings for audio and subtitles can now be adjusted independently in Battle .net prior to launching the game.
- Non-Latin glyphs no longer overlap.
- A tooltip now displays when hovering over truncated text.
- Chat keeps up with the latest messages.
- Heroes on the match results screen are now contained by boundaries.
- All menus are now distinct between Classic and Reforged graphic settings.
Developer’s note: We’ve implemented a temporary solution to better inform whether you are playing in Reforged or Classic mode, by applying a sepia tone to the background images for Classic.
Reforged Gameplay Update:
- The rendering of Classic mode has been updated.
- Resolved an issue with hitching when constructing buildings or training units for the first time.
- Fixed Ziggurat upgrade animation in Reforged mode.
- Adjusted animations and portraits for multiple units and buildings.
- Units completing training while off-screen again have voices.
- Starting locations are again obscured by the fog of war.
Custom Games Update:
- Multiboards should no longer crash custom games.
- Joining lobbies for the same map no longer creates duplicate versions of the map.
Developer’s note: This also resolves disconnects from improper map names.
- Players should no longer be met with a “defeat” screen after loading into a mission.
- Audio levels for some dialogue have been adjusted.
- The animations, triggers, and cameras for some cutscenes have been tweaked.
- Disconnecting or logging out will no longer change the save file folder.
- Fixed a number of issues that would block progression or not give credit for completing missions.
Developer’s note: Updating a map for these types of fixes invalidates prior saves. This is similar to how replays from prior game client versions no longer work. Campaign progress will not be lost.
WC3 Reforged Patch 1.32.1 Feedback & Opinion:
- WC3 Patch 1.32.1 was released on February 6., the launch was on January 28., that is about a week: That was litteraly a superfast first patch update, if we compare it to launches of other games. I’ glad to see that! 😉
- The changes are on a tiny or medium level but straightforward and well targeted to make good progress with Warcraft 3 Reforged.
- It’s clearly visible that the classic team of Blizzard must have heard a lot of the shitstorm about the Release Patch of Warcraft 3 Reforged and that they decided to react fast.
- A lof of the community feedback has been already respected and considered.
- It’s okay that Blizzard is fixing and working on the foundation, and add all of the features later on, when the basement is stable.
It makes me optimistic for now, that a lot will happen in the near future!
What will come in the next Warcraft 3 Reforged Patch?
- The menu interface still feels very spiky and unpleasant, I bet this will be tackled soon.
- There are still a lot of bugs, that need to be fixed.
- Campaign improvements.
- Rendering and texture improvements.
- Preparing to display Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne content.
You can find the subsequent Patch called Warcraft 3 Reforged 1.32.2 here.