- 1. What is the Customkeys.txt?
- 2. Customkeys.txt Download ( Dota / Warcraft 3 )
- 3. Guide howto install the Customkeys.txt
- 4. Customkeys.txt editing Tools
1. What is the Customkeys.txt?In Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne every unit command, building and shop item has a code that can be adressed. In the Customkeys.txt you can bind all of these commands to specific keys of your hardware devices (keyboard & mouse).
To these commands belong attack, move, stop, hold position, patrol, all spells and so on.
In Warcraft 3 it is advantageous to feel confident to know every key of every command. Like this you can act faster inside the game, with less effort. The Customkeys.txt binds all keys on QWER to simplify and step up your gameplay.
In fact there are three main types of customkey configurations: Qwertz, Qwerty and Azerty. These things depend on the keyboard of the different countries and the need of the player. The QWER settings won the most recognition and it is just the best config, your hand has to move less and the item keys 1-6 are reachable perfectly. This fits great together to play Dota and Warcraft 3 on a high level with a good customized Customkeys.txt.
Once you have learned all of the keys by heart your skill and your APM (Actions per Minute) will increase. For skilled players APM is an important value.
2. Download Customkeys.txt
There are different Hotkeys for different usage. Here you can download QWER Customkeys.txt for Dota Allstars and for the Warcraft 3 ladder. Dota has many different heroes and custom spells, as well as items and shops. These things need a precise configuration particular for Dota. There are even more Customkeys settings for RGC Dota. Check the different Hotkey solutions in our archive.
Here is the Customkeys.txt Download for Dota and Warcraft 3:
|Dota/RGC Customkeys.txt (QWER)||256,288 Downloads||Download|
|Warcraft 3 ladder Customkeys.txt (QWER)||334,082 Downloads||Download|
3. How to install the Warcraft 3 Dota Customkeys.txt? (Guide)[php function=9]In the past years, many many people had some issues installing the Customkeys.txt.
Good news: Installing the Dota QWER Cusotmkeys.txt Hotkeys is really simple. Here is a guide where you have to paste the downloaded Customkeys.txt:
Step 1: Download the Dota Customkeys.txt (click on of the Download buttons on top and get the keys for Warcraft 3 or Dota).
Step 2: Copy the Customkeys.txt into your Warcraft 3 folder:
The new way:
Just copy the Customkeys.txt file into: C:/Documents/Warcraft-III/CustomkeyBindings
The old way:
Copy the Customkeys.txt file into: C:/Programs/Warcraft-III
Step 3: Check the box inside the Warcraft 3 > Settings > Gameplay Options.
After that, restart Warcraft 3 and test if your QWER Hotkeys work! bizeps bling
Any problems? You can ask anything in the comment section and we will try to help you! 8)
4. Customkeys.txt editing Tools
The basic Customkeys.txt is limited in it’s functions as it does not allow great item inventory Hotkeys by default. Also maps like Dota get further development and in many cases also the Customkeys.txt file has to be updated.
Here are the best Hotkey Tools, depending on your needs:
Recommended Customkeys.txt tools:
- Dota Hotkeys (Item Keys)
- Config.Dota file (QWER)
- Dota Allstars Editor (for config.Dota)
- DR Jones Customkeys Generator
- Dota Customkey Web App
If you need any help, tell your question and we will help you!
Have fun playing!