What is FPS?
FPS means frames per second and describes the translation of the game to the visual output based on the hardware and software settings of your computer.
How can I see my FPS in Warcraft 3?
You have to be in a game, it can be a custom or ladder game, and then:
To see the FPS in Warcraft 3 type /fps into the chat.
That’s it! 😉
How do I increase my FPS in warcraft 3? (Step by Step Guide)
- Step 1: First of all start Warcraft 3 start a match and type /fps into the chat to find out your actual frame rate per second.
- Step 2: Create a shortcut for Warcraft 3 right click it and choose settings at the bottom. Here you should something like:
“C\Program Files\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe” now you need to just add -nativefullscr to the end.
- Step 3: Now open Windows regedit and browse to the Warcraft 3 settings path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III\Video and change the value lockfb to 0 to uncap your frame rate and deleting the 60 FPS limit.
- Step 4: Now run the Warcraft 3 shortcut with rightclick “as an administrator”.
- Step 5: Recheck your /fps and enjoy your new boosted frame rate! 🙂
- Step 6: If this didn’t work yet, you can change the regedit value “maxfps” as well to 200 or test around which value is perfect for you.
If you have any questions comment below. 🙂
Why do I need higher FPS in Warcraft 3?
Higher FPS rates look more fluently if we watch movies or play games! For our eyes, a frame rate below 30 looks just wrong or irritating.
Real life has about 40-60 FPS, studies say humans can interpret up to 150 frames per second, while the brain is capable to see even 1000 frames per second. Everything above 60 FPS should just be exactly for fluent transitions, but not for different images, it can confuse and damage our brain. To ensure a high FPS try out this guide and also make sure you have the right gaming tools and devices that allow high performance for your gameplay!
You forgot to mention that you also need to have monitor with frequency of 144 Hz or above like 240 Hz.
Not works fo me (1.26a)
can you help me ? there is no warcraft lll in registry editor . any advices?
one question , i dont have my warcraft 3 in registry editor , i couldnt find anywhere there. u got any advices for me ?
Warcraft lll\warcraft lll launcher.exe”nativefullscr
Game warcraft3 good
Hi i lke game warcraftclll