With the Warcraft 3 Version Switcher you can quickly change the Warcraft 3 patch version! Some Wc3 platforms like W3Arena or Gameranger require an older more stable patch than the newest. And in contrary for the normal BNet ladder of course you need the newest Warcraft 3 patch!
You have two options now:
- Download the Warcraft 3 Version Switcher and the Warcraft 3 Patch you need.
- Or better: Read below how to maintain two versions through the new TFT Launcher without the Version Switcher.
Warcraft 3 Version Switcher Download
Here you can download the official Warcraft 3 Version Switcher. Inside the zip file are already two patch versions, but you can download the patches you need on the Wc3 Patches Site. 🙂
- Playing Battle.net (always the newest version)
- Playing W3Arena, which uses and older stable version
- Waching old Wc3 replays
- Playing on other platforms like GameRanger
Make sure you run it as admin before using it.DownloadDownloads: 77,604 Download-Size: 67.5 MB
Guide: How to use the Warcraft 3 Version Switcher?
It is quite simple to switch between Warcraft 3 patch versions. All you have to do is to follow these 3 steps. If you experience any problems, make a comment.
Step 1: Download the Warcraft 3 Version Switcher
- Download the Warcraft 3 Version Switcher
- Unzip and open the Warcraft 3 Version Switcher (it already contains Wc3 version 1.25b and 1.26 for you, as an example how you have to place the Warcraft 3 Patch files).
Step 2: Download the Warcraft 3 Patches
- Download the patches you need in our Warcraft 3 patches archive.
- Copy the patch files & paste them into your ‘wvs’ folder of the Warcraft 3 Version Switcher (without extracting it).
Step 3: Switch your Warcraft 3 version
- Run the wvs.exe (with right click “use as an administrator”).
- Click on the options button.
- Set your Warcraft 3 path (where your Warcraft 3 game is installed).
- Click on the first button to switch to the Warcraft 3 patch version you need!
- Now start Warcraft 3 and play! 😀
How to use different Warcraft 3 Versions in 2018?
The Warcraft 3 Version Switcher is more for the old Warcraft 3 time.
In 2017 Blizzard brought us a new modern Wc3 Launcher, which is smaller & faster! The good thing is: The new Launcher.exe and the old FrozenThrone.exe are seperated Wc3 versions! That’s great for us, because we can use two different Warcraft 3 versions with only one installation.
Here is a tutorial how to switch versions without the Warcraft 3 Version Switcher:
How to play Warcraft 3 version 1.28 or newer? (For BNet)
- Download the Launcher.exe on https://battle.net (if you haven’t yet).
For this you have to login. If you can’t login or download it, here is a basic Warcraft 3 TFT Launcher.exe (US English) 😉
- Double click the Warcraft 3 Launcher.exe & update to 1.28 or newer (click on Battle.net).
- Now you are ready to play the newest version!
How to play older Warcraft 3 versions like 1.26? (For W3Arena)
If you want to patch back again now:
- Use your normal (old) FrozenThrone.exe installation for your old desired patch. If you do not have the correct patch, download and install it again:
Find the patches in our Wc3 patch archive.
- Now everytime you launch your FrozenThrone.exe it loads instantly into 1.26!
- Now you can play W3Arena, Netease, Gameranger or other Wc3 platforms.
If you want to play the new version again, just use the Launcher.exe and update (it takes like 5 seconds to update).
If you want to play the old version again, just use the FrozenThrone.exe and it is already set to 1.26 (no need to repatch again).
Like this you can easily switch between Warcraft 3 Patch 1.26 and 1.28 without the WVS Version Switcher! If you have any questions, make a comment.