In August 2020, Blizzard has released Warcraft 3 Reforged Patch 1.32.8, on this page you can find the changelog and all patch infos.
What’s new in Warcraft 3
Reforged Patch 1.32.8?
- Players in FFA are now really anonymous.
- Crypt Lord has been nerved, CL turned out to be too strong in the meta.
- A lot of art has been improved. to reach a higher quality of the game.
- Bug fixes and gameplay adjustments.
How to play Warcraft 3
Reforged Patch 1.32.8?
To play the new WC3 patch update, just launch the Blizzard game client and open the Warcraft 3 tab. A new update will appear, just hit the Update button (if it’s not updating automatically).
Once it’s finished you can play the new patch with the build number 1.32.8. If you need a detailed guide about how to install WC3 Reforged, you can find my installation tutorial here.
Warcraft 3 Reforged
Patch 1.32.8 Changelog:
Here is the full changelog of the Warcraft 3 patch update:
Reforged Art Changelog:
- Breath of Frost spell effect now displays at full quality in Reforged mode.
- Tuskarr Trapper projectile is no longer invisible in Classic mode.
- Adjusted Priestess of the Moon’s positioning within her selection circle in Reforged mode.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Classic mode version of the Blood Wizard to not display.
- The spell effect for Dragonhawk Rider’s Aerial Shackles is more visible in Reforged mode.
- The spell effect for Faerie Dragon’s Mana Flare is more visible in Reforged mode.
- The spell effect for Destroyer’s Orb of Annihilation in Reforged mode is larger, to better fit the area it affects.
- The spell effect from Protection Scroll is more visible in Reforged mode.
- Many units that were added in Reforged now have shadows in Classic mode.
- Adjusted Rokhan’s positioning within his selection circle in Reforged mode.
- Alchemist’s icons now show him as having blue skin.
- Deep water no longer shows tiles below it, consistent with Classic mode.
- Portraits for Classic units now have consistent lighting.
Versus Mode Changelog:
- Added obfuscation to player names in FFA games.
- Crypt Lord – Level 2 and Level 3 Carrion Beetles hit points reduced from 330/490 to 275/410, and mana cost for Carrion Beetles ability increased from 45 to 50 across all levels.
Developers’ notes: While we are not doing a full balance pass in this patch, we do want to add a balance tweak. Although we like that the Crypt Lord has provided a new macro-oriented opener for Undead, we have concerns about how effectively it transitions into the mid-game, specifically with how effectively Level 2 beetles are able to harass enemy workers.
At the same time, we’d like to preserve the uniqueness of the beetles; that is, that they are permanent summons and have access to Burrow. Therefore, we’re targeting their ability to tank damage. Reducing beetle hit points will require players to pay more attention to their beetles and reduce their ability to damage before being forced to burrow. Increasing the mana cost of the ability by roughly 11% hits a notable breakpoint at Levels 2 and 3 where a full mana Crypt Lord who casts Impale and then begins to summon Carrion Beetles will now have one less cast of Carrion Beetles before going out of mana.
This means it can field 4 beetles at Level 2 during combat and 6 beetles at Level 3 instead of 6 and 8 respectively. This should increase mana tension on the hero and reduce the Crypt Lord’s combat viability in the early game where available mana is at a premium.
Custom Games Changelog:
- Adjusted the bottom of the Custom games lobby list to keep games at the bottom of the UI from being blocked by the buttons.
- Added tooltips for Custom Game creation options.
Warcraft 3 Reforged Gameplay Changelog:
- Burrowed Crypt Fiends no longer retain their Web ability after being reanimated via Animate Dead.
Developers’ notes: This was a legacy bug. While a corner case scenario, it only happened to Crypt Fiends who were literally burrowed, killed then had Animate Dead cast on them, we still wanted to address this since it went against the rules of how Animate Dead is supposed to work.
- Added a tooltip to the Disease Cloud ability on Plague Ward.
WC3 User Interface Changes:
- Added a toast when a replay has been successfully downloaded. Yep, correct a toast, things are getting crazy. Read more about it in the official WC3 forums.
Warcraft 3 Reforged Patch 1.32.8 Opinion and Feedback:
The Crypt Lord nerf was absolutely mandatory, it feels a bit confusing why CL was made so strong, that they need to roll the changes back so fast. I thought we have learned something after making KoTg too strong.
Anyway, first of all, I am always very happy to see updates and that the Warcraft 3 Reforged team is working on the game. That’s at least something.
But by facing the changes, it feels extremely underwhelming again what we got here. The community is forced to play ladder without stats or to leave and play on the W3Champions ladder. What kind of sense does it make to optimize graphics first if there is no game at all?
What we need are in-game Warcraft 3 Reforged statistics, the WC3R news post about what is coming was really promising, and I hope things are moving fast into exactly this direction, instead of more art updates.
Stay tuned! You can find all Warcraft 3 Reforged patches here.