Huge and small lakes are a part of the Fornite Battle Royale Map – most of you will think that lakes are a pain in the ass.
They take a lot of time to cross and if an enemy sees it, you’re dead.
In this guide we will discuss, how to cross Fortnite lakes faster & move in the water faster. Find tips and tricks to benefrit from water in Fortnite!
1. Jumping Forward On The Water In Fortnite:
Whenever you see a lake and it is necessary for you to cross it then you just don’t have to worry about it. Get into the water and start jumping forward – jumping on the water will make you move faster than moving into the water: To test this, play with a friend in the playground mode and tell your friend to move in the water normally, while you go for jumps.
At the end when you will reach the ground much faster and your friend will still be moving in the water. But as you know everything has its pros and cons, just like that jumping on the water has as well. So, let’s talk about them.
Pros and Cons of the jumping technique in Fortnite:
- Pros: You can move faster on the Fortnite water because jumping will help you traverse large bodies of water. You can easily cross a lake in few second if you would not get distracted.
- Cons: Enemies can spot you easily from far away because you are moving a lot. So, this technique can easily attract a lot of enemies towards you. But don’t worry it’s not easy to shoot a jumping player. It means you have some chances of living. 😉
2. Build On The Water In Fortnite Battle Royale:
I think this technique is much better than the previous one. In this technique, you have to build on the water to move faster. Build Fortnite floors or roofs to move faster on the water: This technique is helpful when you have a lot of resources. Some of the lakes in the map are large in size, that kind of lakes can consume almost all of your resources. Now, let’s talk about the pros and cons of this technique.
Pros and Cons of the water building technique:
- Pros: Building a bridge to move across the water will not impede your speed when crossing bodies of water. If somehow you have to go back then you can use the same bridge it will save your time as well as your resources.
- Cons: As I have discussed before that this technique requires a lot of Fortnite resources. If you do not want to get stuck in the middle of a lake with an unfinished bridge then before stepping into the water collect all nearby resources.
3. Using Fortnite Items In The Water That Save You From Enemies:
Both techniquess may reveal you and your enemies can easily detect you. So, let me tell you about some items which can help here!
Have a Fortnite Rift-To-Go:
Let’s talk about this new item first: The Rift-To-Go is a quite rare and a very cool item in Battle Royale. This item can save your life in extremely critical situations.
The Rift-To-Go is a portable Rift that can be carried in the inventory and deployed immediately. When activated, the player is teleported into the sky and placed in skydiving mode. But keep one thing in mind that the rift will remain at the location it was deployed, for 10 seconds. So, it means your enemies can also use that Rift to chase you.
When you are in the middle of the water and enemies coming towards you, activate the Rift-To-Go! If an enemy is too near than don’t use it because they can also use your Rift and you may die as well.
Use An Impulse Grenade To Send Someone Flying:
This is a very good item if you are thinking of using the Rift-to-go item and the enemy is near you, then use the Fortnite impulse grenade first: The grenade will send both of you flying in different directions. Make an advantage out of the created distance!
Use A Shockwave Grenade To Create More Space
The purpose of the Fortnite shockwave grenade is almost the same as the Impulse grenade but there is a small difference its impact is bigger!The shockwave grenade will send you a lot further than the impulse grenade!
That’s it! The next time you see a lake, don’t worry and use these techniques!
Move on to the next Fortnite skill guide lesson. crown