This quick guide is for all who already bought & preordered Warcraft 3 Reforged on playwarcraft3.com.
The new Warcraft 3 Patch allows to connect Warcraft III to WC3 Reforged
Blizzard released the new Warcraft 3 Patch 1.30.2 on the 01.12.2018 and made it able to activate & connect the Warcraft 3 Reforged Preorder for the first time!
Beside all of the bugs the new patch brought us, let’s just check how to validate your copy of WC3 Reforged!
How to install Warcraft 3 with Preordered Reforged Access?
- Step 1 First of all uninstall & remove your old Warcraft 3 TFT installation.
- Step 2 Then download the WC3 Patch 1.30.2 here.
- Step 3 Launch the installer and follow the steps, it needs a bit longer than the old installer.
- Step 4 Now the Warcraft installer asks for the CD KEY and you can choose between entering Warcraft 3 Legacy CD Keys or the Warcraft 3 Reforged Preorder Activation. Click the second one and it redirects you to the Battlenet login page, where you have to login.
- Step 5 That’s all for now! (It will be automatically accepted). The activation works but the game can’t be started in the Battle net lLauncher yet.
The Battlenet Launcher with Warcraft 3 Reforged waiting screen
For all who bought Warcraft 3 Reforged: We still have to wait to get more functionality inside the Blizzard Battle net launcher itself:
Inside the launcher you can see the activated game, but the installation button is disabled until the game gets released:
I will definetely check this from time to time, and I will start using the Battle net launcher for my friendlist in Warcraft 3! It is a great tool, let’s use this. 😉
Any questions? Make a comment below! crown