Did you know you can rename the bomb in Counterstrike Global Offensive? It is an official thing from Valve, so you get no problems by doing this.
Here is a quick tutorial how to rename the C4!
Step by Step guide how to rename the bomb in CS GO:
- Step 1 Check your CS GO inventory and find the bomb (Uncheck the box “hide default items” to see the bomb). Let this open.
- Step 2 Now browse the Counterstrike installation folder and find a file called:
items_game.txt inside the folder “Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\scripts\items”.
Copy this file to save a backup and now start editing the original file with a text editor.
- Step 3 Click CRTL+F to search for the text “weapon_c4” and there is a row called “item_slot” “C4” rename “C4” now to “melee” and save it. Well done!
- Step 4 Now go into CS GO and visit the bomb in you inventory, rightclick it and choose “rename”.
Important to know: It will cost you the price of a nametag. (Maybe you need to purchase one). Chooe a funny cool name now!
- Step 5 After you have done this, rightclick the renamed bomb in your inventory and equip it. Go to your inventory again and see the bomb rightclick it and click “T Replace C4 Explosive”.
- Step 6 Now close CS GO. Open the file “items_game.txt” again and rename “melee” back to “C4”.
- Step 7: That’s it! Now join a game and plant a bomb to see the magic happen!!!
Counterstrike C4 Bomb Renaming Tips & Tricks
- If you rename the bomb in CS GO you will also see the name in the item showcase.
- To do this you need at least Steam level 10.
- Sometimes it helps to clear the CS GO game cache if the renaming does not work, for this rightclick CS GO in Steam, choose properties and click verify game cache. After some time the cache will be deleted.